Friday, November 8, 2013

Nanowrimo Survival Kit

Obligatory I've-been-gone-for-too-long-apology goes here. Really though, guys, I have an excuse. In the beginning of October, I took a trip to Daytona Beach, Florida, where I still am, so being on vacation kind of took away from blogging. I've discovered boat loads of new beauty products though, so expect reviews galore when I get back. While I'm here, however, I've taken on the massive task of nanowrimo. What is nanowrimo? National novel writing month. What do you do? You write a novel. 50,000 words in 30 days. It's actually kind of a FREAKING CRAZY THING TO DO. But it's super rewarding, so if you're a writer and/or have a good novel idea swirling around in your little noggin, go for it. It's currently Day 8, and over the past week I've found myself using the same several items to help fuel me in my novelling quest.

To start, caffeine. Tea and coffee are my favorite, also chocolate for when you have a psychotic break. Really guys, I'm going nuts, here.

Next, healthy snacks. I see you reaching for the candy. Stop! That sugar rush is not worth it. Candies and junk food are really instantaneously satisfying but the crash will kill you. Healthy snacks will keep hunger and drowsiness at bay.

These next three items are really only for the rare occasions during which you'll leave your writing cave. Chances are, you're going to be sleep deprived, smelly, and pale. There are no selfies in this post for a reason. I like this high coverage concealer for my black under eye circles, the deodorant for the benefit of people around me, and the self tanner so that I don't have anyone throwing garlic and crucifixes at me while I'm out. Sunglasses might be good too. *hisses at the sun*

Next, you're going to need to do your research. Dictionaries, thesauruses, character building resources like I have pictured, the whole nine yards. This is only if you're a planner like me. Have all your research supplies on hand. In addition to this, I have my kindle pictured, because many writers pick up their writing style from reading things. Also in the kindle photo, if you're like me, typing all day is no fun if you don't have a good looking manicure. Take care of your hands, as you'll  be using them often.

Find me here nanowrimo.org/participants/cerashain

Love,
Your very crazy author/blogger,
Cera

No comments:

Post a Comment