Saturday, September 28, 2013

Bold autumn eye

Hey guys! 

Today, I'm doing a fall look! I'm going to do several of these probably, because fall is my favorite makeup season (summer is my favorite season, period, but I prefer to be bare faced in the summer since it's so hot) and all of the different variations that are season appropriate are so fun!

This look is a dramatic winged liner with a subtle pink/mauve lip. Let's get started, shall we? (Also please please excuse these eyebrows. They were done shortly after this tutorial was done. They just wouldn't cooperate with me.)



I started off with a basic eye primer, all over my lids to provide a sticky base for my shadows. Then, I packed on a purple-ish pink all over the lid, and up into the crease.



Then, I used an angle shadow brush to draw this triangle in the crease, creating this winged effect. (Cringes at eyebrows I'm so sorry guys I will fix this)


I then took a slightly lighter brown shadow than the one I just used, and swept it all over the lid, but left the bit of pink at the top untouched. This looks messy now, but in the next step, I'm taking a purple on a blending brush and sweeping that all over the lid, blending out the edges that look messy. 


Next, I'm using my liquid eyeliner to create a dramatic wing. If you prefer a less dramatic look, simply line the eyes with a black or brown (or a fun fall color, maybe? play around with this look). Then, I'm lining the upper and lower waterline, and then coating my lashes with my favorite mascara!




Then I'm going about my usual cheek and eyebrow routine, and then applying a lipstick that's just a shade darker than my natural lip color.


And we're done! Next, I think I'm going to do a darker lip, with more subdued eyes. There may be even more in store here!

Hope you like it,
Love,
Cera

4 comments:

  1. It's ok, I think eyebrows look like a hot mess up close. Mine are so awful I usually end up cropping them out (LOLLLLL ._.'')

    LOVE THE LOOK, BUT I REALLY WANT TO KNOW THAT LIP COLOUR D:

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's really reassuring, if most of my looks didn't extend up to the eyebrow I'd crop them out because uuuugh. I make them look awesome in real life I swear. But the lip is an elf essential lipstick in the color seductive. It retails for one dollar, and its moisturizing. Thanks, I'm coming in with more fall looks soon :)

      Delete
    2. SAME, I THINK MY BROWS LOOK REALLY GOOD...FROM AFAR ;-;

      If I ever do a elf haul in the states I'll pick it up! $1, hells yeahh

      Delete
    3. The prices are fabulous. They gave a whole load of products that are $1 only. I'm not sure if they ship internationally or what the prices are for that, I'll have to look into it. I don't think that they have any physical stores, other than target and sometimes KMart, so most products have to be ordered online. Let me look into it and I'll let you know. :)

      Delete